Fancy Kale Caesar Salad
Total time: 15 minutes
* 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
* 1 thick slice of rye bread- cut into 1 inch cubes
* 4 large handfuls organic kale
* 6 oz. tofu- drained
* 5 oil packed anchovies- drained and chopped
* ½ tsp. finely minced garlic
* 1 tsp. dijon mustard
* 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
* ¼ C Parmigianno-Reggiano
* ground pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add rye bread to pan and saute until golden in color and crisp. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt.
In a blender, puree the tofu, anchovies, garlic and mustard. Keeping the blender on a low speed, slowly drizzle in the grapeseed oil. Add 2 tbsp. cheese and salt and pepper to taste and continue blending until combined.
Toss kale with the dressing and transfer to plates. Top salad with the remaining cheese, croutons and salt and pepper if needed for taste.
Enjoy your tasty and healthy version of the classic caesar salad!